CHESTERTOWN, Md. – The Gettysburg College women’s tennis team dropped a 7-2 decision at Washington College in Centennial Conference action Saturday afternoon.
1. Piper Sartison (WC) def. Alex Rieg (GCW) 6-1, 6-1
2. Irene Meng (WC) def. Gillian Rosenfeld (GCW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Alisha White (WC) def. Alexis Rinker (GCW) 6-1, 6-2
4. Ella Samer (WC) def. Tierney Cantwell (GCW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Bin Nguyen (WC) def. Niki Melnick (GCW) 6-1, 6-1
6. Shelby Seron (GCW) def. No player (WC), by forfeit
1. Irene Meng/ Alisha White (WC) def. Alex Rieg/Gillian Rosebfeld (GCW) 8-3
2. Piper Sartison/ Ella Samer (WC) def. Alexis Rinker/ Tierney Cantwell (GCW) 8-2
3. Shelby Seron/ Niki Melnick (GCW) def. No player/No player (WC), by forfeit
Washington (2-1, 1-0 CC) claimed second and first doubles play, while Gettysburg (0-1 CC) picked up the victory in the third flight by forfeit. Sophomore Alex Rieg (Phoenixville, Pa./Phoenixville) and freshman Gillian Rozenfeld (Haddonfield, N.J./Haddonfield Memorial) fell by an 8-3 count at the first flight.
The Shorewomen posted victories in the first through fifth singles competitions in straight-sets. The Bullets claimed the sixth single by forfeit.
Where the Series Stands Now
In the all-time series dating back to 1988, the Bullets are 10-23 against the Shorewomen.
This story was originally posted on the Gettysburg College Website.