The Adams County Land Conservancy’s annual art auction is venturing into the virtual as an online event at www.BiddingOwl.com/LCAC.
The auction will go live at noon on Friday, Sept. 4 and will remain open for bidding through Sept. 23.
All art up for bid will be on view at the Adams County Arts Council, 125 S. Washington St., Gettysburg, from Sept. 4-23. The Arts Council is open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., so stop by to take a peek at the artwork generously donated by local and regional artists and art collectors—then pull out your smartphone and start bidding! (Of course, you can place bids on your desktop, laptop, or tablet computer too!)
Bidding closes at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 23. Visit our website for more information!
EASY STEPS TO BIDDING:
1. Register as a bidder at www.BiddingOwl.com/LCAC
2. Check out the awesome LCAC video by Jake Boritt if you wish.
3. Click on “View Items” and choose to look at them all at once or by category.
4. (If you have a slower internet, you’ll see a landscape with 2 suns until the photos load.)
5. Click, then click again on the picture to see it enlarged.
4. Bid on items. You can view your bids on all your items.
6. Bidding Owl will notify you if you’ve been outbid.
7. At 6PM on September 23, Bidding Owl will notify you by email which item(s) list you as the highest bidder and will provide a link to the payment page.
8. Art will be available for pickup at the Arts Council Sept. 24-26 (hours to be announced). If you’re unable to pick up at that time and would like us to hold your art until you can pick it up, let us know.
9. Items not picked up or arranged for will be shipped at buyer’s expense by Goin’ Postal, a local shipping store.
While we’re disappointed that we can’t safely gather this year for our traditional live auction, we’re excited about the opportunities presented by this innovative new approach. It looks like it’ll be quite a ride—and we hope you’ll join us on the journey!