SELINSGROVE, Pa. Senior Will Hopkins (Raleigh, N.C./Needham B. Broughton) captured runner-up in the mile to guide the Gettysburg College men’s indoor track and field team at the Susquehanna Invitational on Saturday.
No team scoring was kept at the meet, which featured Division I, II, and III.
Gettysburg’s Top Performers
Will Hopkins ’22
- Mile: 2nd (4:31.72)
Aidan Kiernan ’25 (Pelham Manor, N.Y./Pelham Memorial)
- 60-Meter Dash: 5th (7.24 Tied for sixth in program history)
Caden Giordano ’23 (Bethlehem, Pa./Bethlehem Catholic)
- Triple Jump: 10th (40-10.25 9th in program history)
- Hopkins blazed through the mile with a personal-record time of 4:31.72 to finish runner-up out of 49 runners. Junior Connor Elliott (Media, Pa./Salesianum) also competed in the event and posted a PR time of 4:36.16 to finish ninth overall.
- The 4×400-meter relay team of junior Eric Liedtka (Hamilton, N.J./Notre Dame), sophomore Casey Deck (York, Pa./Hempfield), sophomore Arthur Keegan (Haddonfield, N.J./Haddonfield Memorial), and Hopkins cruised to a runner-up spot with a time of 3:38.90.
- After clocking 7.24 in the preliminaries of the 60-meter dash, Kiernan finished fifth in the finals with the same time. He is now tied for sixth all-time in program history. Keegan also competed in the event and claimed 13th with a PR time of 7.38.
- For the second consecutive week, Giordano set a PR in the triple jump as he leaped 40-10.25 to place 10th. He ranks ninth on the program’s all-time top-10 list.
- Liedtka placed 12th in the 60-meter hurdles, clocking 9.36.
- Keegan took 15th in the 200-meter dash, clocking 24.37 among 55 competitors.
Gettysburg picks up its schedule Feb. 26-27 at the Centennial Conference Indoor Championship, hosted by Ursinus College.
This story was originally posted on the Gettysburg College Website.