CARLISLE, Pa. Junior Katherine Mangione (Doylestown, Pa./Villa Joseph Marie) registered two wins and sophomore Amanda Addesso (Cheshire, Conn./Cheshire) and freshman Alexa Schauder (Cedare Knolls, N.J./Whippany Park) each recorded one to lead the Gettysburg College women’s track and field team in the season opener at the Dickinson Invitational.
Gettysburg’s Top Performers
Katherine Mangione ’22
- Discus 1st (106′ 8″)
- Javelin 1st (111’9)
Amanda Addesso ’23
- 5,000-Meter Run 1st (19:12.58)
Alexa Schauder ’24
- High Jump 1st (4′ 7 3/4″)
- Mangione tied her personal-record in the discus with a toss of 106′ 8″ to capture first-place and notched the top spot in the javelin with a throw of 111’9″ on her first attempt. Today marked the first time that she has posted two career victories.
- Also competing in the javelin was freshman Holly Ferrara (Holland, Pa./Council Rock South), who finished in second (107′ 6″).
- Freshman Alexa Schauder (Cedare Knolls, N.J./Whippany Park) made her mark in her collegiate debut as she notched her first career win in the high jump (4′ 7 3/4″) while junior Anna Pienkos (North Haven, Conn./Sacred Heart Academy) finished right behind in second (4′ 7 3/4″).
- Addesso ran in her first 5,000-meter run in the outdoor season and clocked a 19:12.58 time to notch her first career victory.
- In her first time running in the 3,000-meter run, Kathrin O’Brien ’22 (Lynchburg, Va./Virginia Episcopal School) finished in second with a 11:58.79 time.
- Sophomore Georgia Larzelere ’22 (Medford, N.J./Shawnee) ran the third fastest time in the 800-meters, clocking 2:30.86.
- Competing in her first 100-meter hurdles event, sophomore Julia Piness (Chatham, N.J./Chatham) registered third-place with a time of 17.75.
- Freshman Emily O’Hara (Chester Springs, Pa./Downingtown) and sophomore Julia Wert (Harrisburg, Pa./Central Dauphin) competed together in the 400-meter dash. O’Hara tallied third place (1:04.31) and Wert collected fourth (1:06.36).
- Gettysburg finished second in the 4×100-meter relay. The team of senior Alexa Kerprich (Dresher, Pa./Upper Dublin), sophomores Anna Lopez (Lutherville Timonium, Md./Dulaney), Piness, and Lily Morrell (Frederick, Md./Urbana), finished second and posted a time of 54.43.
- Gettysburg finished third out of four teams with 127 points. Dickinson won the team title with 200 points.
Gettysburg competes at the Johns Hopkins Invitational next Saturday in Baltimore, Md.
This story was originally posted on the Gettysburg College Website.