The Adams County Commissioners have officially approved Saturday’s Medicine Take Back Day. The event will occur from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Biglerville, Gettysburg, Carroll Valley, Hanover, Littlestown, McSherrystown, New Oxford, and York Springs.
Residents can safely dispose of unused, unwanted, or expired prescriptions and over the counter medications, loose pills, liquids, creams, and pill packs. No needles, sharps, or intravenous solutions.
Medications can also be disposed of year around in the kiosk located at the Bonneauville Fire Department/EMS building.
More information and questions can be directed to Eileen Grenell 717-357-4439 or [email protected]
The commissioners also approved April 18-24 as Adams County Conservation District Week. The Conservation District sponsors projects and activities promoting voluntary acts to prevent pollution. Saying 13 miles of crop erosion had been avoided, District Manager Adam McClain said “Some areas measure this in feet. We, Adams County, measure in miles. Getting this under control can save the county a significant amount of fines from the state or federal government in the future.”
Other Approved Recommendations:
- Court- $266,001.21 for Adams County Court Audio Visual System Upgrade Options with Sage Technology Solutions. Upgrades were set to happen prior to COVID but it is even more important now.
- Controller’s Office- $72,675.00 for Annual Audit for federal and state award program compliance with Zelenkofske Axelrod, LLC, Certified Public Accountants.
- Controller’s Office- Bids for Maintenance repair of 40 bridges ended. Three bids were placed. Decision will be made at the May 5th meeting.
- Controller’s Office- Announced the receipt of the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting. This is the 3rd consecutive award.
- Children & Youth Services – Child Accounting and Profile System (CAPS)
- $32,843.04 annual cost for maintenance and service of the CAPS application
- HIPAA Business Associate Agreement
- $30,000.00 max for Consulting Services
- $3,948.01 annual cost for Child Welfare Information Solution (CWIS)
- Office of Budget and Purchasing- $10,377.60 total for 60 months lease agreement with Kyocera Document Solutions/Quality Digital Office Technology for renewal of eight printer/copier/scanners.
- Department of Emergency Services- $3,831.31 for two year agreement with Comcast Cable Communications Management LLC for IP addresses.
- Information Technology:
- $666.40 for three years with Digicert Inc for secure connection and cybersecurity efforts
- $449.99 for one year with GoDaddy.com LLC for SSL wildcard
- $1,242.00 for one year with Link Computer Corporation for a public wifi and Licensing of a Security Camera to monitor the Covered Bridge.
- Commissioner’s Office- $1,640.41 for addition of two sprinkler flow sensors for the Mercy house Upper and lower elevator shafts at the Mercy House.
- Commissioner’s Office- $3,600.00 for architectural evaluation of county properties for the potential sites for a Women’s Opioid Recovery House.