The Adams County Commissioners recognized retiring employees Deb Kammerer and Wayne Smith for their dedication to the Adams County Ag Land Preservation Board of Directors. Commissioner Randy Phiel stated they would have given the recognition at the board’s previous meeting but they were previously committed to another event. Kammerer was on the call and thanked the commissioners for their recognition as well as thanked the county for its long-standing support of the Ag Land Preservation Board. Kammerer had 22 years of service on the board. Smith had 13 years of service.
It was reported that the Adams County District Attorney’s Office did not receive any funds from federal asset forfeiture programs in 2020.
In the preceding two Commissioner Meetings, Carol Miller, an Adams County resident, pleaded with the commissioners to look deeper into the separation of employment numbers at the Adams County Adult Correctional Complex. At the first meeting she made a broad statement that the separation rate is high and not appropriate. At the last meeting, Miller raised concern about the separation with a number of upper ranking managers. She ended with “I hope the commissioners have a very serious discussion and a plan will be developed to address this serious issue.” In last Wednesday’s meeting, Miller stated the Adams County Adult Correctional Complex was “mismanaged” and the issue has been “avoided by the commissioners.” She asked that her written comment should be entered into the minutes with the chart of separation as well as other data she had prepared.
Other Approved Recommendations:
- Information Technology- $60,933.60 for forty-two (42) month contract, for voice-over-internet-protocol (VOIP) to be able to take calls on the laptops
- Tax Services Department-
- Personal Tax Exemptions for 3 County Residents
- Disabled Veterans Real Property Tax Exemptions for 6 County Residents
- Planning Department-
- Reducing contract C00007551 by $70,413.00 due to Gettysburg Borough not being able to spend the funds according to the terms and in the time frame. The money is not lost to the county, yet.
- $66,529.00 for five year contract with Enterprise Fleet Management for 2021 Ford F-459 XLT 4×4 SD Super Cab with Rugby LP Aluminum Dump Body and Wstern Plow.
- Mercy House
- $725.00 for one year Test & Inspection of fire alarm controls and detectors
- Monitoring Agreemnet
- $340.00 annually per system (number of systems not mentioned)
- $785.00 one time fee for equipment
- $35.00 monthly cellular fee
- Building & Maintenance- $5,338.00 for yearly inspections of generators and equipment in 20 locations.
- Adams County Library appoint
- Heidi Gillis – first three-year term
- Kara Boehne-Miele – first three-year term
- Genevieve Felty – second three-year term
- Ray Schwartz – second three-year term
- Adams County Adult Correctional Complex- reivew and sign memorandum of Understanding American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, AFL-CIO, District Council 89 (“AFSCME”) setting an agreed upon protocol for the uniform application and enforcement of rules surrounding the use of unscheduled paid time off by staff members.
- Commissioner’s Office
- Ratify the Statement of Work provided by Global Data Consutants
- Add $9,245.00 to add two Variable Volume Terminals to be installed in the basement of the Courthouse
- Ratify the change of location of the billboard discussed at the May 5th meeting.
- Extend the Grant agreement for South-Central Task Force Dispatch Protocols underway at the Department of emergency services to March 31,2022
- Lobar Site Development accepted for Rehabilitation of 40 County owned Bridges
- Note for the record: Commissioners authorize the County Engineers, C.S. Davidson Inc. to act on behalf of the Board to solicit written proposals for a Roof-Mount Solar Array Design and Installation Project on the Human Services Building. Request for information should be sent Sondra Laub, P.E. Senior Project Manager at SLJ@csdavidson.com until Friday May 28, 2021.
Jenine Weaver is a staff writer for the Connection. She grew up and currently resides in Adams County PA. She is the founder of Weaver Accounting Solutions LLC and a mom of 4 children. She enjoys being involved with the community, the school, town meetings, local fundraisers, and she is an advocate of social justice with Voices Unite in GAC.