The Adams County Commissioners unanimously approved a proclamation to recognize March 11 to April 25 as Land Conservancy of Adams County (LCAC) month on Wednesday. LCAC President Dave Salisbury thanked them saying “thank you for the long-standing critical support for the 26th year, and 12,000 acres preserved.” Commissioner Randy Phiel said “two things are consistent: Passion of land conservancy and leadership….to protect the unique heritage and ecological systems in Adams County.”
The commissioners recognized Deputy Controller Beth Cissel for achieving the designation of Certified Government Financial Manager. The designation is granted by the Association of Government Accountants for meeting the requirements for education, experience, ethics, and passing specified exams. John Philips, County Controller, said, “Beth already used the knowledge for COVID grants. It’s a tremendous accomplishment. We truly appreciate the effort Beth put into it”.
The Adams County Human Services Plan for Emergency Rental Assistance will administer $6,774,933.20 of federal funds to alleviate the risk of homelessness and housing instability caused by COVID-19. The funds will go to eligible households for rent, rental arrears, and other expenses related to housing insecurity and will be distributed by the South Central Community Program (SCCAP)
The commissioners approved a recommendation from Children and Youth Services (CYS) to lease housing in Gettysburg to qualified youth participating in their independent living program. The lease starts March 10, 2021 and ends February 28, 2022. The rental is with SAG Real Estate Group in the amount of $1,125.00 a month.
The Finance Department recommended the lease of vehicles from Enterprise Fleet Management for a term of five years:
- Prison Transport Vehicles – 2021 Ford Transit 250 Cargo and Q-14910 with 911 Rapid Response – $65,017.28
- Second Prison Transport Vehicles – 2021 Ford Transit 250 Cargo and Q-14910 with 911 Rapid Response – $65,017.28
- Prison Cruiser/Transport Vehicle- 2021 Ford Expedition and Q-14909 with 911 Rapid Response – $56,497.08
- Building & Maintenance Vehicle- 2020 Ford Escape – $24,589.00
- Building & Maintenance Vehicle- 2021 Ford F-250 – $38,447.00
- Building & Maintenance Vehicle- 2021 Ford F-450 with specialized dump body and plow – $79,677.00
- Prison Vehicle- 2021 Ford Police Interceptor Utility with partition – $38,189.80
Building & Maintenance asked for approval for a lease agreement with Pitney Bowes for a backup mail machine for the Human Services Building. The lease is $188.77 a month totaling $6,795.72 over the 36 month lease. Director Larry Steinour said mail has to go out every day and there have been cases when a backup system was needed to prevent delays. The cost falls under the Building and Maintenance’s Contracted Services budget.
Other approved Recommendations:
- Probation Services- DUI Highway Safety class time increase from 12.5 to 13.5 hours
- Probation Services- $15,050.00 for one year agreement to continue utilizing Corrections Development Inc for Pro-Text, Pro-Communication, and ProTrack applications and support for the applications
- Children & Youth Services- Amended Per Diem Rate Agreement for In-Home Services with Pennsylvania Counseling Services to $265 for Standard Psychiatric Evaluations and $70.00 for Psychiatric Medication Management visits
- Register and Recorder- $3,555.00 a month for 36 months for Resolution3 Verdict Online Index Books Software Services Renewal Agreement with Cott Systems, Inc for case management and land records management software.
- Treasurer- Create a bank account with ACNB Bank for Abbottstown Borough Municipal taxes as well as updating the signatories for the current Abbottstown Borough accounts.
- Emergency Services- $6,339.00 for one year agreement with KINT Corporation for fire suppression system inspection services for the Department of Emergency Services building and the server room of the Courthouse.
- Building & Maintenance- $232.50 for the contract two treatments of soil care and fertilization of the Yellowwood trees in front of the Courthouse.
- Building & Maintenance- Approval for Business Credit Application Agreement with Agsalt Processing LLC to obtain snowmelt and commercial salt on credit
- Building & Maintenance- Credit application with HVAC Distributors, Inc to obtain HVAC merchandise on credit.
- Planning & Development- Customer Support from GeographIT for GIS Software. Price varies per hours billed and capped at $5,000.00.
- Planning & Development- $20,366.00 for one year software license for GIS Software from ESRI.
- Adams County Correctional Complex- $9,530.95 for one year contract. Document management services from PowerDMS (Document Management Simplified).
- Information Technology-Cybersecurity Support Services and Non-Disclosure Agreement with PA National Guard’s Defensive Cyber Operations Element. This is a preventable measure in the event of a cyber emergency. The term is 5 years.
- Information Technology- $250.00 for one year contract. Providing Firewall software from Keyser Consulting Group, LLC.
- Information Technology- $280.00 per hour for one year for remote tech support for infrastructure issues and to augment the County’s IT support capabilities. Candoris Technologies, LLC
- Commissioner’s Office- Authorize the advertisement to bid on Maintenance Repairs for Forty County Bridges on PennBid.
Jenine Weaver is a staff writer for the Connection. She grew up and currently resides in Adams County PA. She is the founder of Weaver Accounting Solutions LLC and a mom of 4 children. She enjoys being involved with the community, the school, town meetings, local fundraisers, and she is an advocate of social justice with Voices Unite in GAC.