The Adams County Commissioners voted Wednesday to approve a memorandum of understanding with Wellspan Health to open a COVID-19 Community Vaccination Center in Adams County. The center will be located at the county’s Department of Emergency Services Building at 230 Greenamyer Lane in Straban Township. Vaccinations will be given inside the building by appointment only. There will not be a drive-through option. Wellspan will staff the center.
Commissioner Randy Phiel said the opening date for the site was unknown. “Wellspan doesn’t know when we will receive the vaccine to launch the pod,” he said.
Residents can get on a list for a vaccine by creating an account at Wellspan using the my.wellspan portal. You do not need to be a Wellspan patient.
You may also call the PA Department of Health hotline at 1-877-724-3258.
Phiel encouraged people to help those who have issues registering online. “We all know people that cannot or do not know how to register online,” he said.
The commissioners approved the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (“CHIRP”) Grant contract which allows the county to appropriate funds to hospitality businesses negatively affected by COVID-19.
The County has access, with assistance from the Adams County Economic Development Corporation (ACEDC) and a Certified Economic Development Organization (CEDO), to distribute $1,166,718.00 to qualifying businesses.
The commissioners also approved a request from the Department of Emergency Services to submit a 2021-2022 Hazardous Material Response Fund (HMRF) Grant Application to reimburse $39,107.65 to the County for use of personal protective equipment. The commissioners also approved a secondary application for funds to certify the accuracy of the application.
Other Approved Recommendations:
- Department of Tax Services- $951.00 one year to continue contract with Best Service Inc. for maintenance on tax bill folding and sealing machine.
- Information Technology- $5,346.79 for one year of Barracuda WAF-SA security software
- Department of Emergency Services- requested to join the South Central Task Force Mutual Aid Agreement between local counties to be prepared and help prevent disasters.
- Human Resources- requested changes in the Drug & Alcohol Policy, adding Medical Marijuana and CBD products.
- Commissioner’s Office- The Abbottstown tax collector has stepped down and the county treasurer will be stepping up to complete the duties.
Jenine Weaver is a staff writer for the Connection. She grew up and currently resides in Adams County PA. She is the founder of Weaver Accounting Solutions LLC and a mom of 4 children. She enjoys being involved with the community, the school, town meetings, local fundraisers, and she is an advocate of social justice with Voices Unite in GAC.