The Adams County Board of Commissioners has proclaimed July 18 through 24 as “Pretrial, Probation, and Parole Supervision Week.” Thanking them for the honor, Adams County Prison Warden Katy Hileman said it is a “blessing” to work for her employees.
The commissioners also accepted the resignation of Victor Frank from the Adams County Planning Commission Board due to health reasons. Frank served on the board for 37 years. He was thanked for his time and wished well. The commissioners accepted Thomas Streiff to fill Frank’s term.
Other Approved Recommendations:
- Planning & Development-
- Extension request was approved for the East Berlin Borough bathroom construction project at their community park.
- United Way of Adams County 2018 Community Development Block Grant to replace a malfunctioning wheelchair ramp and construct an ADA Accessible Ramp.
- IT Department-
- $329.00 for One year term for Link Computer Company for Paessler Router Traffic Grapher Network Monitor software license.
- $5,503.20 for TeamViewer Corporate licenses to resolve technical issues remotely.
- Commissioner’s Office-
- Authorize a true-up payment for the 2020 Stop Loss premium with Sun Life for the County’s Employee Health Plan, demonstrating a net savings to the County of $36,720.00 over Quoted Renewal rates.
- Execute the 3rd Amendment to Lease Agreement between the County of Adams and The American National Red Cross for space located at 230 Greenamyer Lane, Room 102, Gettysburg, PA in the amount of $2,500.00 annually.
Jenine Weaver is a staff writer for the Connection. She grew up and currently resides in Adams County PA. She is the founder of Weaver Accounting Solutions LLC and a mom of 4 children. She enjoys being involved with the community, the school, town meetings, local fundraisers, and she is an advocate of social justice with Voices Unite in GAC.