Free drive-through COVID-19 testing will be available this week in Adams County.
The location is the Department of Emergency Services, 230 Greenamyer Lane, Gettysburg. The building is one mile north of Route 30, across from the Adams Rescue Mission and past the Adams County Prison.
Testing will be available from Wednesday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and up to 450 people can be tested every day.
The testing clinics are being held to help contain the recent rapid increase in COVID-19 cases in Adams.
“Over the past several weeks, we have seen a rapid increase of positive case counts reaching record-high levels, which gives us significant cause for concern,” said PA Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine. “In fact, every county now has a positivity-rate greater than five percent, which is alarming. In addition, 14 counties have percent positivity above 20 percent.”
The positivity rate in Adams is currently over 25 percent.
The DOH said individuals who are tested should self-quarantine while they await test results. Individuals who live with other people should self-quarantine in a private room and use a private bathroom if possible. Others living in the home with the individual awaiting test results should also stay at home.
Individuals who test positive will receive their results in a phone call while individuals who test negative will receive a secured-PDF emailed to them.
The Wolf Administration stresses the role Pennsylvanians play in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
- Clean surfaces frequently.
- Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.
- If you must go out, you are required to wear a mask when in a business or where it is difficult to maintain proper social distancing.
- Download the COVID Alert PA app and make your phone part of the fight. The free app can be found in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store by searching for “covid alert pa”.